I Dunno, But...

Respect the game. That's what it's about around here. Sports are more than stats. While opinions (funny & serious) and reviews of performances are posted, we discuss the business that sets the stage, the media that broadcasts and the history that engulfs. Most who comment on the game pick and choose based on media-friendliness, race and/or antics. We lay down more. We came from many of the same communities and played with many of the same athletes. It's about time the truth be told...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Hello To All...

As I type this post, officially introducing myself as 9thwonder on this brand new blog, the sports world is gearing up for March Madness. I am gearing up for the upcoming baseball season and the NBA playoff push. I do not like college basketball for several reasons. I will not get into those now, but all you need to know is that I am about to graduate from St. Bonaventure University. Now it is time to move on to the purpose of this post.

When it comes to sports I tend to look at things from a social perspective more often than not. That is why I find sports so intriguing. As much as we want sports to be a diversion from everyday life, it always reflects everyday life. It is a hard thing to look at ourselves in the mirror. Sports usually forces us to do so. Racism, sexism, and discrimination and hypocrisy of all kinds will be the theme of a lot of my posts. But that's not all I will talk about. I can also break down games, trades, and things of that nature too. I will mix it up a little bit, which I feel a good writer should.

You will also see me make music refrences on "I Dunno But.." because I am a huge music fan. You will get a taste of my music prefrences through these posts also. In other words, I will be all over the place.

I love sports as much as the next person, but I feel we take it way too seriously. We need to have fun and laugh at things that we would otherwise find appalling. Some say that my sense of humor is very twisted and offensive, but it's my way of dealing with the world. I do not wish any harm towards anyone and I believe that letting out your frustrations through humor is very theraputic. People hold in what they really feel. There will be no holding back here.

I will have no problem telling you that race definitely played into the bashing of Barry Bonds (before the testimony was leaked) and the praising of Mark McGwire.

I will have no problem telling you that the NBA is better than college basketball.

I will have no problem telling you that this blog will actually be objective from time to time.

Welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home