I Dunno, But...

Respect the game. That's what it's about around here. Sports are more than stats. While opinions (funny & serious) and reviews of performances are posted, we discuss the business that sets the stage, the media that broadcasts and the history that engulfs. Most who comment on the game pick and choose based on media-friendliness, race and/or antics. We lay down more. We came from many of the same communities and played with many of the same athletes. It's about time the truth be told...

Friday, September 09, 2005

College Football Belated Intro

You you
Hey y'all I'm joining the crowd on an invite from Jason C. And thought I'd send out an intro/breakdown on a few topics I'd like to rant on.

First off, I just moved from NYC out here to Vegas and am trying to get used to seeing Yankee games at 4pm, but there are some nice benefits (ie. US Open matchs st 7pm, etc.). Knowing my strengths I plan to focus on college football and (general sports) handicapping.

Second off, I grew up in Houston, Texas, born and bred a Texas Longhorn, Astros, Rockets fan, so keep that in mind, not to mention the Houston Texans who I interned for in college. Hopefully, you will find that I do try to stay as objective as possible while touching on other major sporting events.

So... On to topic numero uno TEXAS VS. OHIO STATE. The biggest noncoference college football game in the last ten years. Let's look at the line, tOSU(The Ohio State University) is favored by 1 point over Texas as of Friday morning. As any line goes the home team normally gets 3 points. Being that I am here in Vegas I have seen the line move several times during the last few days, predominantly in Texas' direction. Alright, so on to the breakdown down....

1)In the Trenches- Texas o-line probably dominates vs the OSU D-line due to the fact that the Texas line is mostly ranked #1 in the nation, with 3 NFL millionaires waiting for next April. The OSU d-line is secondary behind Texas. The OSU O-line is is good but did not prove enough against Miami of Ohio t oshow that they are the real deal.

2) Backs v. LB s- In any other week Texas would be wayyyyy behind in this battle but it looks like the Horn backs will be in good shape. Texas is bringing 3 strong backs Selvin Young(Jr.), Jamaal Charles(Fr) and Henry Melton (Fr) who hopefullry will work as running back by committee. However, the OSU linebackers are the best int he nation and I see them as stopping UT on the field.

3) Seconardy- I think this one is a those up. Both teams are about he same.

4) The big difference from a Texas standpoint is special-teams. If OSU wins the special team battle then OSU wins the game. So we shall see OSU takes ST and they handle the game, this will be the big game diffence.

Growing up as a Texas fan and passive bettor I know that I will never bet on UT due to conflicting interests. I simply follow Texas for sport and any other games I follow out curiosity for the lines and out of love for college football.

Hopefully, my next post will be more succent.

EDIT: So my next thought we will see you'll soon!!!!

Later,
Bravo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home