I Dunno, But...

Respect the game. That's what it's about around here. Sports are more than stats. While opinions (funny & serious) and reviews of performances are posted, we discuss the business that sets the stage, the media that broadcasts and the history that engulfs. Most who comment on the game pick and choose based on media-friendliness, race and/or antics. We lay down more. We came from many of the same communities and played with many of the same athletes. It's about time the truth be told...

Monday, May 01, 2006

I Disagree

In general, I hate getting into an argument about race and try to avoid it as much as possible, but I don't think you understood where I was coming from at all.

First, just because someone is crying rape does not mean they were necesserally raped. They should not be given the benefit of the doubt every time, but instead their claims need to be validated. Rape is a terrible offense and should never occur, but just saying you were raped when you really were not can hurt the accussed nearly as much actually being raped.

Second, the point I was making was that the whole situation got blown completely out of proportion because an African American woman was blaming rich white males of a heinous crime. The situation was so ridiculous that the whole African American community got in on the action. And they had no proof of anything. If a rape actually occured and nothing happened to those people, then that is a good reason to throw rallies and the such, not before getting any evidence. In all seriousness, every person who went to those rallies can be called a racist. They were racist against white people. Just ask yourself, would that have happened if it was three black guys who were blamed for the rape? As long as your answer is no, then that was an act of racism.

Just some facts that you seem to be missing, the dancer showed up to the event in a very intoxicated state. She chose to get drunk on her own accord before she went. You can not blame the team for that. My point the whole time has been that she absolutely did not get raped. There is just too much evidence against her. Yes, if someone rapes a drunk person, that is just as bad. No one is saying it's not.

Also, I am sorry that if you walk into a room of white people you get judged, but if I walk into a room full of African Americans I would also be judged. That's not something that is exclusive to only African Americans.

There may be a lot more impoverished white people in the USA than African Americans, but that proves my point even more. How often do you hear white people complaining about the cards they have been dealt?

The Asians I was referring to where Asian Americans who work their butts off and advance themselves in this country. And yes I can call them Asians because I am talking about a large group of people, just like I can call people European or African. It is quite obvious to me that Asian Americans are the hardest working people in our country and anything I write about them is only positive.

The biggest point I'm really trying to make is that racism is a two-way street. Everyone is discriminated against, I just feel one group brings it up more than every other group combined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home